Name of EventThanksgiving USA
Colorful "turkey" cupcakes with chocolate frosting and candy corn decorations
|Preparation time||20-25 minutes|
|Cooking time||20-30 minutes + cooling time|
|Main Ingredient||Cupcakes/candy corn|
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) milk
- 1 bag candy corn
- 12 chocolate melting wafers e 1 piece shoe-string black licorice, cut into tiny piece
- 1 vanilla frosting in tube
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the sugar with the eggs and vanilla extract at medium-high speed until smooth and thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the butter and oil and beat until incorporated, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Add the dry ingredients and milk in 3 alternating batches, beating well between additions. Carefully pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for 20 to 23 minutes, until springy and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the muffin tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place all ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon beat together until completely combined.
- Beat for 1 minute.
Bringing it all Together
- Top cupcakes with frosting, spreading a thick layer around the top of each cupcake.
- Stick 5 pieces of candy corn in a row along one edge of the cupcake.
- Make two dots with vanilla frosting toward the bottom of each chocolate wafer (leave a little 1/4″ space at bottom)
- Place a piece of licorice in center to make eyes.
- Stand chocolate face toward the front (opposite end from the candy corn tail) of the cupcake, leaving room to lay one candy corn flat for the “nose.”