Name of EventThanksgiving USA
A simple salad with the perfect mix of bitter, sweet, tangy and crunchy.
|Preparation time||15- 20 minutes|
|Cooking time||6-8 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 Anjou pears, each cored and cut into 12 slices (or Asian pears, for extra crunch)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground pepper
- 6 ounce(s) arugula
- 1 head(s) head romaine lettuce ,washed, trimmed, and cut
- 1 ounce(s) (about 1/3 cup) gorgonzola or a good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnut halves, candied if you like
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet. Add the pear slices and cook until the pears are golden but still slightly firm to the touch -- about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the mustard, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Toss the arugula, romaine, blue cheese, pecans, onion, and and combine with the prepared pears in a large bowl.
- To avoid a wilted salad toss in the dressing just before you are ready to serve.