Name of EventDeepavali (Diwali) - the festival of lights
A sweet that is delicately tempered by the spiciness of crushed cardamom.
|Cooking time||10-15 mins|
- 1/4 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp green cardamom seeds, crushed
- Almonds, sliced for garnishing
- Heat pan and add butter.
- Add the semolina. Cook on medium heat, stirring quickly and continuously. Cook until the semolina is deep golden brown in colour (This should take about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the water, sugar and cardamom and begin to mix quickly with a whisk.
- Continue to whisk for 3-4 minutes or until you see the mixture thicken and begins to come away from the sides of the pan and a pudding type consistency forms.
- Turn off heat and remove from heat.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.