Name of EventHarvest Moon Festival China
Cuisine FromSouth Korea
|Preparation time||Pork soaking time in cold water: 1 hour, Marinating time: 24 hours|
|Cooking time||35 mins with Pressure Cooker|
|Main Ingredient||Pork Ribs|
Meat and Vegetables
- Pork ribs 1kg
- 3/4 a carrot (medium to big size)
- 1 small onion
- 3 potatoes (small to medium size)
- White radish (daikon) 150g
Sauce for getting rid of smell
- Refined rice wine (or cooking wine) – 3 tbsp
- Ginger powder – 2 tsp
Marinade Sauce (mix these well in a bowl)
- Plum Extract (If you don’t have plum extract, substitute with pure pear, apple, or pineapple juice.) – 2 tbsp :To make the meat softer. However I think it will taste slightly different to mine.
- Dark brown sugar – 5 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
- Squashed garlic – 2 tsp
- Ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper 3 sprinkles
Stage 1. Getting rid of blood and smell
- Soak the meat in cold water. Change the water every so often. (Soak for about 1 hour -to get rid of the blood)
- After 1 hour, drain the water.
- Make deep cuts on the meat to absorb the seasoning better and cut them into medium pieces (follow the bone line). Then put it into a bowl.
- Add the Sauce for getting rid of the smell, stir it well, and leave it for about 20 minutes.
Stage 2. Marinating meat and cutting vegetables
1. Pour out the marinade sauce into the meat bowl. Marinate it for 24 hours. (Overnight marinating guarantees the best taste
2. Cut the vegetables into big pieces. (I cut them all into quarters.)
Stage 3. Cooking (with electric pressure cooker)
1. Put the meat and vegetables into the pressure cooker.
2. Set the time for 35 minutes.
3. Once it finishes, serve it on the plate.