Name of EventFestive Meal for any Occasion
|Yield||4 to 6 servings|
|Preparation time||15- 20 mins|
|Cooking time||45 - 50 mins|
2 small zucchini, halved, chopped
3 baby eggplants or 1 large, chopped
6 yellow button squash, quartered
2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to brush
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbs tomato paste
400 gms (14 oz) fresh tomatoes chopped (canned diced tomatoes are an option)
1 tbs white wine vinegar
400g (14 oz) canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
8 slices crusty bread for garlic toast
1 cup loosely packed baby basil or spinach leaves
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C. (410 F)
2. Place squash, zucchini and eggplant in a roasting pan and mix with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste
3. Roast vegetables for about 30 minutes or until just tender. Turn over at least once
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat. Crush one garlic clove and add to the pan with the onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until soft.
5 Add the tomato paste and stir for about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and vinegar, pressing on the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon to break them up.
6. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
7. To make garlic toast, brush bread with extra olive oil. Toast or grill until browned, then halve remaining garlic clove and rub cut side over bread.
8. Stir the basil/baby spinach through the ratatouille, then serve with garlic toast.