Name of EventKorean New Year (Seollal)
Cuisine FromSouth Korea
|Preparation time||20-30 mins|
|Cooking time||20-30 mins|
|Main Ingredient||Rice Cakes|
1/3 of a zucchini
1/2 an onion
1 stalk of big spring onion
2 sheets of laver (gim) seaweed (Available Korean grocers)
- Soak the rice cake in cold water for about 20 minutes. (If it is dried)
- Thin slice the zucchini and onion.
- Diagonally slice the spring onion.
- Beat the egg, pan fry it, and thin slice it. (Normally you fry the egg white part and yolk part separately, but I cooked it together. It is up to you.)
- Thin shred laver with scissors.
- Pour the water into the pot then add the kelp and anchovies.
- Simmer it on medium to low heat for about 15 minutes. (It looks light brownish)
- Take out the kelp and anchovies (I threw them away).
- Add the zucchini and onion. Boil it for 1 minute.
- Add the dumplings, rice cakes, salt, and garlic.
- Boil it until it cooks. (It takes 3-4 minutes) Add the spring onion 30 seconds before you serve the dish. (I forgot to add it, and you can adjust the taste with salt)
- Serve it in a bowl with the toppings on top (egg and laver). You can add pepper if you want. I always do, I love sprinkles of pepper .