Name of EventThanksgiving USA
|Yield||6 to 8 servings|
|Preparation time||25-30 minutes|
|Cooking time||1 1/2 hours + overnight refrigeration|
|Main Ingredient||Pumpkin /Pecans|
- 2 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs (use regular graham crackers if gluten is not an issue)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated/castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cup pecans
# We recommend the Gluten Free Mall forThe Grainless Baker Gluten-Free Graham Crackers and all your gluten free needs
- Cover the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan with parchment/bakingpaper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Press mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of the pan
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended and smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add spices, pumpkin and lemon juice, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared crust. (Pan will be very full.)
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed for15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. (Do not remove sides of pan.) Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- In a sauce pan combine brown sugar and butter, stir over low-medium heat until bubbly. Stir in whipping cream and nuts.
- Pour hot topping over cheesecake and chill for 4 to 8 hours, or overnight, before removing the spring-form ring.
- Store in refrigerator.