Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||30 minutes + 1 to 1 1/2 Hours cooling time|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Pumpkin Puree|
For the Snickerdoodles
- 3 and 3/4 cup all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated/caster sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated/caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon-Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup granulated/caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice
Making the Snickerdoodles:
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, then set aside.
- Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla to the butter and sugars. Beat on medium high speed for another minute.
- Turn speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Once combined (do not overmix), cover bowl and chill dough for one hour.
Making the cream cheese filling:
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together. Chill for one hour.
- In a small bowl, toss together the sugar and spices for the cinnamon-sugar coating, then set aside
Bringing it all together:
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 baking sheet(s)/trays with parchment/baking paper.
- Take a tablespoon of the cookie batter and flatten it into a tiny pancake, about 1-2 inches wide. Scoop a teaspoon of cream cheese filling and place it on top of the flat cookie batter. Make another pancake of cookie batter and place it on top of the cream cheese. Pinch around the edges of the cookie batter to seal the cream cheese in, then roll the cookie into a ball.
- Roll the cookie in the cinnamon sugar coating and place it the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the cookie batter is used, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheet/tray. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to lightly press the cookies, flattening the tops.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to crack.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If ther is still some air inside the cookies after baking gently pressed them down with a spatula while they were cooling on the wire rack