Name of EventThanksgiving USA
|Preparation time||15 minutes + cooling time + refrigeration time until serving|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Cream cheese/Pecans|
FOR THE CRUST
- 3cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup melted Butter
- ½ cup Granulated/Castor Sugar
FOR THE FILLING:
- 3 packages (8 Oz. Package) sofened Cream Cheese. (You can use a LIGHT cream cheese for a less dense and healthier option)
- ¾ cups Granulated/Castor Sugar
- 1 teaspoon good quality Vanilla Extract
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- ½ cup All-purpose/Plain Flour
- ¾ teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons ground Nutmeg
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1-½ cup Pecan Halves, Lightly Toasted
- 2 cups Good Quality Caramel Syrup/Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the crust until moist. Press into a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
- For the filling, in a stand mixer, whip cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. With the mixer on low, stir in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and stir again. Whip in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Scrape sides and stir again if necessary.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and hardly jiggles, if at all, when moved. Remove from the oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- Arrange pecan halves on top of the entire cheesecake in concentric circles. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake and remove the sides of the springform pan.
- To serve you can either drizzle 1 cup of warmed caramel syrup/ssauce over the whole cheesecake and cut (with extra syrup to serve along with) or cut first and drizzle individual pieces.