Name of EventThanksgiving USA
|Yield||One 9-10 inch pie/tart|
|Preparation time||15-20 minutes + 20 minutes cooling time|
|Cooking time||30-35 minutes|
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbs. butter - vegan, coconut or dairy
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
For Tart Filling:
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (medium-sized Bartlett or Bosc pears)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon good-quality honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the Crust
- To make the crust, spray a spring-form tart pan with oil.
- Cut a disc of parchment paper/baking for the bottom. It will let you slide the tart off the pan easily when you serve.
- Pulse the pecans in a food processor keeping them chunky.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse until just mixed.
- Pour the nut mixture into the pan and press the gluten-free crust into the pan. Make sure to press the crust to the edges evenly
- Put it in the freezer while you make the filling
For the Filling
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove the gluten-free crust from the freezer
- Now that the crust is firm, press the crust to the edges firmly to spread it to the sides and build up the edges
- Arrange the sliced pears over the crust in a circular pattern, making two layers
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the pears. Bake the tart for 30-35 minutes until golden and filling has just set.
- Let cool to room temperature or chill before cutting into wedges.