Name of EventDeepavali (Diwali) - the festival of lights
A traditional sweet made up of milk and sugar
|Yield||4 to 6 servings|
|Preparation time||5-10 mins|
|Cooking time||1 hour + cooling time|
|Main Ingredient||milk and sugar|
- 3 cups whole/full cream milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- In a pan, boil the milk untill it reduces by half, keep stiring to make sure you don't burn the bottom of the pan. It will take some time (around 20- 30 mins)
- Add the lime juice to make the milk separate.
- Again keep stirring till most of the water is evaporated and it is semi-solid. This will take another 15 min.
- Add the sugar and ghee, mix well for 10 min and remove from the heat
- Cool it and serve. You can refrigerate it but it will solidify a little bit. So you will have to bring it to the room temperature before serving.