Name of EventDeepavali (Diwali) - the festival of lights
|Preparation time||5-10 mins|
|Cooking time||20-30 mins|
|Main Ingredient||Cardamom & cashew nuts|
- 2 cups maida (All purpose/plain flour)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- A few drops orange colour
- 10 unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Add enough water to Maida (plain flour) and make a thin batter without any lumps. Add the colour and stir well. Keep aside.
- Add half cup water to the sugar and bring it to boil. Allow to cook till it reaches one thread consistency. Now slowly pour the maida batter and stir continuously keeping it on low flame. When it starts thickening, add ghee little by little while stirring the halwa. Stir continuously till it leaves the sides of the vessel. Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Tranfer it to a greased plate and cut it into squares.
- Note: If you want more chewy halwa, then increase the sugar quantity to 4 cups.
This recipe has been provided with the kind permission of Please visit the site for an outstanding selection of authentic recipes.