Name of EventChinese New Year
|Preparation time||15- 20 minutes|
|Cooking time||12-15 minutes|
- 250g noodles #
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g medium sized prawns/shrimp, shelled and deveined or chicken fillets finely sliced or a combination of both.
- head Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper/capsicum, sliced
- handfull of snow peas
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 spring onions/scallions, finely sliced
- Small handful coriander/chilantro
# The longer the noodles, the longer (and luckier) your life will be — so don't cut them! This dish is made with long, flat egg noodles however you can use any noodles, with fresh giving the best results.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and rinse with a little cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the wok over a high heat with a little sunflower oil and add the prawns/chicken, cooking very briefly for about one minute each side.#
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Put the wok back over a high heat, add a little sunflower oil and stir-fry the ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds. Add the carrots, Chinese cabbage, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and chili oil.
- Stir-fry until the carrots are tender but still have a bit of crunch. Add the noodles and prawns/chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve straight away with a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds, sliced spring onion/scallions and coriander leaves.
#If using chicken make sure it is cooked and if using with prawns/shrimp cook first for a couple of minutes then add the prawns/shrimp
For convenience and best prices we recommend Amazon (refer items in blue above in ingredients)