Name of EventEaster Sunday
|Preparation time||15- 20 minutes|
|Cooking time||45 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Gluten free flour lemon|
For the cake.
150 gms. / 6 oz. butter at room temperature
150 gms. / 6 o.z caster sugar
3 medium / large eggs
150 grams / 6 oz. rice flour or gluten free flour (Gluten free flour is best when mixed half gluten free to half rice flour it produces a better product.
1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1 lemon – juiced and zested
For the Drizzle
75 gms. / 3 oz. caster sugar
1 lemon - juiced
Making the Cake.
This recipe will make one 8” round cake tin or two loaf cakes. It also makes tasty individual cakes.
- Before you start, preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC Fan/350ºF/Gas Mark 4
- Cream the butter and eggs together until smooth and light.
- Add the eggs gradually beating all the time.
- Stir in the flour, juice and zest.
- Line cake tin(s) with baking parchment or grease bottom and sides of cake tin with extra sunflower spread
- Spoon into the cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes.
Making the Drizzle
Bringing it all together
- Leave to cool before removing from the tin.
For more Easter Festive recipes visit our festive events page.