Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||20-30 mins|
|Cooking time||55 mins - 1 hour|
- 4 mini-pumpkins (get the bigger ones)
- 1 large apple (I like the Honey Crisp)
- 3 tbs sugar (you can use brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off your pumpkins as in the photo and scoop out all the seeds and goo from the inside. Combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. spoon about a half teaspoon of this mixture in each pumpkin and rub it around inside.
- Next dice up your apple (skin on) very small. Combine the diced apple, melted butter, vanilla extract, remaining spice/sugar mix, and your walnuts in a bowl and combine thoroughly. Stuff this into your little pumpkins and replace the lid. It's okay to over-fill them a bit.
- Place them on a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Give the pumpkins a little shot with cooking spray, place them in the 350 degree oven for 55 mins to an hour. Let them cool slightly before eating. That's it. Easy, peasy, pumpkin squeez
- When presenting these little beauties, be sure to tell your guests to scoop the goodies out of the pumpkin and leave the rind.
This recipe has been provided with the kind permission of RouxBDoo's Cajun and Creole Food Blog. Please visit the site for an outastanding selection of authentic Cajun and Creole recipes.