Name of EventHalloween
|Yield||1 tray of toffee|
|Preparation time||10-15 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes + 30 minutes cooling time|
|Main Ingredient||Candy corn|
- 1 sleeve of saltines/salted crackers (depending on baking sheet/paper you may need more)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1-2 cups candy corn
- 3/4-1 cup peanut butter candies (Reeces)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchmentbaking paper or foil; once done line the pan with layer of saltine crackers.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high and boil for about 3 minutes until the ingredients are dissolved. Immediately pour over saltines to cover crackers completely.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the oven off.
- Sprinkle candy corn and peanut butter candies on toffee; place back in the oven. The oven does not need to be turned back on for this process or you will have melted gooey candy corn. Allow the candy corn and peanut butter candies to stick to the toffee in the warm oven, about 3-6 minutes
- Once done take out the oven let cool completely and break into pieces.