Name of EventHalloween
|Yield||4 to 6 servings|
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||12-15 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Pumpkin Puree|
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup almond butter or sunflower butter or plain unsalted butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk or coconut milk or full cream milk
- 2 tbs. melted coconut oil + more for pan
- ½ tsp.vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. ground/grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- one medium apple -cored and/ or 1 cup chopped pecans
- maple syrup and whipped coconut cream/thickened cream, optional
- Preheat a griddle or shallow sauté pan to medium heat. Lightly brush with coconut oil.
- Place all of the wet ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients; beat until smooth and fully incorporated. Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes, then beat again for 30 seconds until thickened.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot pan. Wait for the edges to start to lift, about 30 seconds, then gently flip the cake over. Continue cooking for 15-20 seconds, until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup, and coconut/thickened whipped cream if desired.
For Gluten-Free Apple Pumpkin Pancake
Core and finely chop one medium apple (no need to peel.) Spoon pancake batter into preheated, oiled skillet. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon chopped apple on top of pancake- one side only. Flip and cook as for plain pancakes.