Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||25-30 minutes|
|Cooking time||25 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Pumpkin Puree Chocolate|
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup full cream milk or non-dairy milk (soy, almond, or rice)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour #
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional) *
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Frosting
- 2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners'/castor sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the garnish
- 1 cup walnut baking pieces, chopped finely, between a nut meal and tiny pieces (optional)...
- Candy corn candies (optional)
# Make your own Gluten-Free Flour Blend:
Combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Use appropriate amount for recipe; store remainder in container with tight-fitting lid. Stir before using.
* Spice mix
I always add my home made Pumpkin Spice Mix which is made up of 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Can be kept in an airtight container.
To make cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, milk/non-dairy milk, and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently whisk flour mixture until well combined. Fold in pumpkin, but do not overstir or the batter will become gummy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill liners two-thirds full. Bake for 24-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
To make frosting:
- While the cake is baking, in the large bowl of your electric mixer (using the paddle attachment for stand mixers), cream the cream cheese, sugar, and butter on low speed just until blended and then on high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat on high speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- Store in the refrigerator until cake is baked and cooled. You can prepare the frosting the day before, if desired.
Bringing it all together:
- Line up cooled cupcakes on a sheet of wax paper. Place each cream-cheese frosting into separate plastic piping bags fitted with a large round metal tip (or piping head of your choice e.g. decorative tip #807). Apply a swirl to each cupcake
- Garnish with Halloween candy/and or walns etc, if desired.
For more Halloween recipes and ideas visit our Halloween page