Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||Candy corn|
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 large egg
- ½ to ¾ cups buttermilk
- ¾ cup candy corn, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered/caster sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick, the egg, and buttermilk.
- Stir in candy corn and cornflakes.
- Pour 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven and heat to a temperature of 350 F. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pan.
- Carefully drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into oil. Fry about 6 at a time and cook for about 1 minute per side.
- Drain on a wire rack placed over paper towels.
- To serve, sprinkle with powdered/caster sugar.
Recipe Source: Southern Living's The Way to Fry