Name of EventChinese New Year
|Preparation time||35-40 minutes|
|Cooking time||6-8 minutes|
- 500 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into small pieces suitable for food processor
- 8 peeled medium sized shrimp/prawns, deveined, and diced into small pieces suitable for food processor
- 2 black fungus mushrooms, chopped into thin threads *
- 1/2 tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbs finely chopped scallion/spring onion, white part only
- 1/8 tsp sesame oil
- 3 pinches white pepper
- 1/4 tsp chicken bouillon/soup powder*
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- 1/2 tbs egg white
- pinch of salt
- round wonton wrappers or shumai wrappers*
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- peas and a few coriander/cilantro leaves for garnishing
* Available most Asian grocers
1. Using a food processor, ground the chicken but make sure that it’s coarsely ground.
2. Mix the chicken with other ingredients and seasonings.
3. Set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Place about a tablespoon of filling on each wrapper, gather up the sides and leave the center open
5. Garnish the top with some chopped carrot and a pea.
6. Steam in a bamboo steamer for about 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with dumpling sauce*