Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||25-30 minutes|
|Cooking time||35 - 40 minutes|
- 3 cups all-purpose/plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated apples (I like a mix of sweet and sour apples)
- 3 (8 oz.) packages regular cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 (4 oz.) sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup thick caramel topping
- 4-5 oz. Apple Butter
- 6 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ½ cup thick caramel topping
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line 2x 12 cup muffin pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugars until creamy. Beat in the the orange juice, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Slowly add the flour mixture, mix until just combined. Stir in the grated apples.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Mix together cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl until well combined and lumps are all gone.
- Mix in ¼ cup caramel and apple butter until well combined. Slowly mix in powdered sugar until well combined.
- Frost cupcakes as desired with pastry bag or knife.
Warm caramel in microwave for 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency. Cool slightly then drizzle over cupcakes. Sprinkle nuts on top, if using. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve