Name of EventHalloween
|Preparation time||30 minutes + refrigerate upto 1 hour|
- 1 small box orange-flavored Jell-O/Jelly crystals (3 oz)
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 oz. can)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vanilla vodka (you can substitute lemonade/sprite for an alcohol free alternative)
- yellow food coloring
- This first step will make both your first and last layer, so once it's mixed together, save half of this mixture for the end.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a small saucepan and pour 2 packets of the unflavored gelatin into the water. Warm the water and gelatin over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the gelatin has dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove pan from the heat and add 1/2 your can of condensed milk to the mixture.
- Stir until the ingredients combine. Add 2/3 cup vanilla vodka/lemonade/sprite. Cover and set aside half of your milk mixture (you'll add food coloring to it and use it as your last layer later).
- Evenly distribute the first half of your mixture throughout your 20 shots (just don't fill them more than 1/3 of the way full). Refrigerate your shots until firm (30-40 minutes).
- When the first layer is firm, pour another 1 cup of water into your saucepan and add 1 packet of gelatin to make your middle layer. Warm the water until the gelatin dissolves, remove from heat, and stir in the box of orange Jell-/jelly crystals until that dissolves as well. Add 1/3 cup vanilla vodka/lemonade/sprite. Evenly distribute orange layer on top of white layer and refrigerate until chilled.
- When your orange layer is solid, retrieve the second half of your milk mixture that you set aside in the first step and add in a few drops of yellow food coloring. If the mixture has already started to set, put it in the microwave until warm and still until the lumps dissolve. Distribute your yellow layer on top of the orange and put it back into the fridge until set.
- Once all your layers are set, you are ready to serve your candy corn creations.
Sourced from A Beautiful Mess