Name of Event
Soup made with various types of meat, vegetables, along with both wine & beer
|Preparation time||30 mins|
|Cooking time||2-3 hours|
- 1 chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) of chuck steak cut into bite sized pieces
- 500 gms diced lamb (shoulder meat is a good choice)
- 4 large potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 corn cobs each cut into two pieces
- 125 gms of pumpkin peeled
- 3 carrots peeled
- 1 cup of fresh peas
- 1 turnip peeled
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 stick of celery
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 green chili peppers (remove seeds for a less spicy dish)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of good quality white wine
- 1 cup of beer
- 1/2 tsp of whole white peppercorns
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, cut into eight pieces (remove seeds for a less spicy dish)
- 1/2 tsp of ground oregano
- 1 tsp of ground star anise or one whole piece
- 1 tbs sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Slice (julienne style) the carrots, turnips, pumpkin, onions chilies and celery.
- Put the meat, peppercorns, salt, vegetables (above) in a large saucepan. Mix very well. Cook over a low heat for two to three hours
- When the meats are nearly fully cooked, add the whole (peeled) potatoes and boil until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a second pot with plenty of water cook the corn, peas, anise and add the sugar. Drain and add to the meat stew.
- Add the wine, beer, bay leaves (raisins (optional) and oregano. Allow to boil. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve in a bowl, with one piece of each type of meat, potatoes, vegetables and corn. Garnish with parsely (optional)