Name of EventJapan - National Foundation Day
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 100 g cabbage, sliced
- One small carrot, cut into matchstick strips
- 100 g meat of your choice (chicken, pork, or beef)
- 6-8 prawns, shelled and deveined.
- 700 g yakisoba noodles
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Worcheshire sauce
- 2 tablespoon sake (optional)
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Benishoga (Japanese pink pickled ginger).
- 2 green onions, cut into threads
If you are looking for Japanese ingredients we recommend Amazon(in blue above)
1. Rinse the noodles with water and drain.
2. Heat up a wok with the oil. Add the onion and stir fry for 30 seconds, then add the meat and prawn and do a few quick stirs before adding the cabbage and carrot.
3. Stir and cook until the meat and prawn are half cooked, then add the noodles and all the seasonings.
4. Continue to stir-fry until the vegetables and noodles are cooked, for about 2 minutes.
5. Dish out and serve immediately with some benishoga (Japanese pink pickled ginger).