Name of EventSpain Constitution Day
Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious fish stew recipe
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||15 - 20 mins|
- 1 lb firm white fish cut into bite sized pieces or combine with a mix of prawns, scallops, crabs, mussels or seafood of choice
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 anchovies finely chopped
- 2 cups crushed ripe tomatoes (canned tomatoes are OK)
- 2 cups good quality dry white wine
- 6 oz sliced chorizo, skin removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce of choice (optional)
- Chopped cilantro/coriander to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot, sauté garlic and onions at medium heat for approximately 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add anchovies, keep stirring until they disappear. Add the white wine, crushed tomatoes, fennel and sliced chorizo.
- Bring to a boil. Add seafood, stir through once. Bring back to the boil,Turn off, put the lid on. Let it rest for about 3-5 minutes until seafood is cooked.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper or hot sauce if desired. Sprinkle with fresh cilantr/coriander just before serving (optional).
- If desired serve with the rest of the white wine and crusty bread/toasted garlic bread.