Name of EventKings Day - Netherlands
|Yield||6 to 8 servings|
|Preparation time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||45 mins|
2 pounds (900 gms.) potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup milk
2 pounds (900 gms.) leeks white parts only, chopped
1 pound (450 gms.) ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper/capsicum, chopped
1 green bell pepper/ capsicum, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped green chile peppers
soy sauce to taste
Shredded Cheddar cheese - 8 oz (250 gms.)
Cooked ham, cut into thin strips 6 ounces (170 gms.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook potatoes until tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash together with milk.
3. Place leeks in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside.
4. In a medium skillet/frying pan cook over a medium heat and stir the ground beef until evenly brown.
5. Mix in the onion & peppers/capsicums. Season with green chile and soy sauce. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
6. In a medium baking dish, mix mashed potatoes, leeks, and ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and top with ham.
7. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.