Name of EventJapan - National Foundation Day
Fried chicken cutlet coved in bread crumbs (Panko)
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
- Slice the chicken breast horizontally into two slices. Cut each slice into 2 equal-sized pieces. Season with the salt and black pepper. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat up cooking oil for deep-frying. Ideal temperature is about 180°C.
- Dip each piece of the chicken into the egg whites, then immediately coat it with the panko. Shake off the excess.
- Dip the chicken into the white egg again, and then coat with the panko for the second time. Make sure that the chicken is evenly coated with a thick layer of panko. Repeat the same for the remaining chicken pieces.
- Once the oil is fully heated, gently drop each piece of the chicken into the pot and deep fry until both sides turn golden brown.
- Dish out the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, and serve immediately with steamed rice and tonkatsu sauce.