Name of EventGuatemala Independence Day
Sweet pineapple with cheese and chicken in a buttery tortilla.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15-20 minutes|
- 8 whole Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups grilled pineapple
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese or similar melting cheese
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 whole Jalapeno, sliced (seeded if you want to cut the heat)
- 3 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
- pico de gallo (optional)
- To grill pineapple: Cut wedges, stick on skewers, and grill over low heat either on a grill, grill pan, or even a skillet. Cut into slices.
- Warm griddle over medium heat and put sizzling butter or margarine in the pan. Slightly warm and toast tortillas on both sides, then remove from griddle and set aside.
- To assemble, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface. Add pineapple slices and jalapeno slices. Sprinkle on cilantro/corinder , corn, and beans. Drizzle barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. (You’ll have four complete quesadillas at this point.)
- Add to oven to warm, or back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo (optional), and lime wedges.