Name of EventJapan - National Foundation Day
Tasty grilled salmon with Japanese glaze
|Preparation time||10 mins + 30 minutes marinating or overnight|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
- Place the mirin, soy, miso paste, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar together into a saucepan, mix well, and then bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the sauce until you have about 150mls.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Once cooled, pour half over the salmon and leave to marinate, best overnight in the fridge. But at a pinch 1 hour.
- To cook the salmon, pre heat the grill to its hottest setting.
- Lift out the salmon, leaving a little sauce on the fish, then place onto a grilling tray or dish.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill, or until the salmon is JUST cooked, best left undercooked.
- Meanwhile boil the rest of the marinade that is left, and serve with the salmon as a dipping sauce.
- Serve with shredded cabbage and rice.
Ingredients (in blue above) are are available from Amazon. Click on the ingredient for deatails.