Name of EventDeepavali (Diwali) - the festival of lights
Indian carrot pudding and possibly one of the easiest Indian desserts to make.
|Preparation time||5-10 mins|
|Cooking time||10-20 mins (depending if pressure cooker used)|
- 500g carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 can (100ml) condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardomom powder
- Unsalted cashews/sliced pistachios for garnishing
- Add the carrots into a pressure cooker and add the water & steam the carrots for 2 whistles. Alternativly cook in a saucepan on stove top until soft.
- Carefully remove the lid of pressure cooker and give the carrots a little mix.
- Now add the butter, cardomom powder and pour in the condensed milk. Stir on a low heat.
- Continue to cook on a low heat until everythings binds together and a pudding type consistency forms.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cashews and pistachios.