Name of EventChristmas
Traditional rice dessert eaten at Christmas
|Preparation time||15-20 mins|
|Cooking time||5 mins|
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp liquid blue food coloring
- 1 tsp liquid red food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups glutinous rice powder
- grated or desiccated coconut
- sesame seed
- banana leaf
- sugar for topping
- Mix together the hot water, sugar and the two food coloring. Continue mixing until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the glutinous rice flour to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into smaller pieces.
- Using your hand, roll each small piece of dough into a long round shape about 4-5 inches long.
- Spread margarine or butter in a heat proof plate and put the long dough on it. Steam for 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove from steamer and put on top of a banana leaf.
- Apply margarine/butter then top with shredded coconut, sugar and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.