Name of EventSongkran- Thai New Year
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||20 mins|
500g (1lb 2oz) rump steak, cut into strips
2-3tbsp red curry paste to taste
Juice of 2 limes
2tsp peanut oil
250ml (9fl oz) coconut milk
500g (1lb 2oz) Fresh vegetables such as broccoli, snow peas, onions, carrots, baby corn cut into bite sized pieces or frozen stir-fry vegetables
250g (9oz) thick rice noodles
4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
1. Mix the steak with the curry paste, lime juice and sugar. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the beef and stir-fry for 2 mins.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins.
4. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and drain well.
5. Sprinkle the coriander over the beef and serve spooned on top of the noodles